Anthony J. Davis
Anthony J. Davis is a Founding Partner of the firm, counseling organizations and individuals on a wide range of legal and business issues including being their Outside General Counsel™. He has deep federal and state court experience specializing in complex commercial and corporate litigation; construction litigation; shareholder and partnership disputes; intellectual property and anti-counterfeiting litigation; electronic payment, credit and debit card processing issues; and general corporate matters. Tony has extensive experience overseeing, managing and protecting trademark portfolios. He provides strategic counseling involving trademarks, commerce and licensing issues as well as intellectual property portfolio management and anti-counterfeiting. He counsels companies in all aspects of corporate governance, as well as ethics and compliance by developing and assessing programs, conducting risk assessments, creating codes of business conduct and overall assistance in developing compliance training and communications plans.
Areas of Practice
- Outside General Counsel™
- Corporate Litigation and Compliance
- Intellectual Property
- Electronic Payments and Credit Card Processing
- Commercial Real Estate Acquisition, Management and Development
- Construction Litigation
- Business Shareholder and Partnership disputes
- Estate Litigation
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- United States Supreme Court
- Syracuse University College of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Arts
- “Significant Legal, Regulatory & Employment risks facing CFOs and their companies”. CFO Studio, CFO Innovation Conference, October 2019.
- “Is Your Compliance Program on Track?” SCCE Regional Compliance & Ethics Conference (Speaker/Present; October, 2016)
- “On Your Marks: Trademark Basics Every Business Should Know,” BelCham (Speaker/Moderator; May 2015).
- “Don’t Wait Until You Have to Select Your Jury to Think About Jury Consulting,” New Jersey Corporate Counsel Association (Speaker/ Moderator; September 2014).
- “INTERNAL INVESTIGATIONS: BEST PRACTICES FOR IN-HOUSE COUNSEL,” New Jersey Corporate Counsel Association (Parsippany, NJ September 2011).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bergen County (NJ) Bar Association, Chair, Intellectual Property Committee.
- New Jersey State Bar Association: Litigation and Intellectual Property Sections.
- The Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court, Associate.