Cara A. Murphy
Cara A. Murphy is Counsel with Santomassimo Davis LLP in Parsippany, New Jersey and concentrates her practice in complex commercial litigation. She has represented corporate and individual clients in a variety of litigation with a particular emphasis on construction, automobile financing, and financial services. She has experience in all aspects of litigation, including discovery and motion practice in both state and federal courts, as well as American Arbitration Association arbitration, mediation, and trials.
Cara earned her Juris Doctorate from Duquesne University School of Law. While in law school she interned in the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas for the Honorable Kathleen R. Mulligan and the Honorable Thomas E. Flaherty. She was also the Executive Content Editor of the Duquesne Environmental Health Law Journal, writer for The Juris Magazine, and Public Interest Law Fellowship Recipient. Cara graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Muhlenberg College in Allentown, Pennsylvania where she was a member of the Women’s Golf Team.
Cara is also active in her community as a member of both Duquesne University’s and Muhlenberg College’s Young Alumni Councils. She also serves as an advisor for the Phi Kappa Chapter of Phi Mu at Muhlenberg College and New Jersey Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation Take Steps Executive Committee Member.
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- Juris Doctor, Duquesne University School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, Muhlenberg College
- New Jersey Women’s Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division – Law Practice Vice Chair
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- CLE Presenter, What Do You Meme? – Lawyering Tips and Legal Topics That Can Be Found in Legal Memes, February 2021
- CLE Presenter, Halloween Legalities – What Horror Movies Can Teach Lawyers, October 2020