Client Alert: The Future of Biometrics at Work
Did you know that Biometric data, such as fingerprints and facial recognition, is being increasingly used for authentication and identification purposes in the workplace?
As such, it is crucial to have clear policies in place to ensure the collection, storage, and use of this sensitive data and compliance with relevant laws and regulations related to the use of biometric data. By establishing written biometric policies in the workplace, you can demonstrate your commitment to protecting the privacy and security of your employees’ biometric data. This will also help your organization comply with the relevant laws and regulations related to biometric data.
At OGC Solutions® we strongly advise that you review your current contracts and policies and consider implementing written biometric policies if you haven’t already done so. These policies should address the following:
- The types of biometric data that will be collected and how it will be used
- The procedures for collecting and storing biometric data
- The individuals or entities that will have access to biometric data
- The measures in place to protect biometric data from unauthorized access or use
- The procedures for deleting biometric data when it is no longer needed
OGC Solutions® is here to help ensure that your organization is prepared to handle biometric data responsibly and securely. If you need assistance in developing or reviewing your biometric policies, we would be happy to help! Please do not hesitate to contact us: 201-712-1616