We Protect Your Business From Human Resources Risks
The procedures and decisions of a human resources department are perhaps the most important in a given business. Any task performed by human resources carries some amount of legal risk. With the proper plans in place, though, you can significantly reduce the chance of a legal issue arising.
In order to avoid liability, you need to have the ability to navigate a complicated area of business practices. Our attorneys at Santomassimo Davis LLP can partner with you to develop proper human resources protocol and training. This can include:
- Counsel on and resolve difficult employment disputes for clients in matters alleging workplace harassment, discrimination, and wrongful termination, and defend or prosecute related litigations
- Counsel clients regarding reductions in force and plant closures, including WARN Act compliance
- Conduct sensitive internal investigations
- Preparation of employment agreements and related documents
- Counseling on FLSA issues
- Enforcement of restrictive covenants against former employees, and evaluation of restrictions on prospective employees
- All types of employment-related litigation
- Preparation and review of handbooks and policies
- Development of corporate compliance-and-ethics programs and related documentation, and conducting related investigations
- Counseling regarding complex leave and disability issues
- Counseling regarding disciplinary and termination-related issues
- Defending employers against labor-related charges
- Counseling and negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, withdrawals from multiemployer pension plans, and labor shutdown agreements
Legal Representation If Issues Arise
While we will put extensive preventative measures in place, legal disputes are still a possibility. Either through accidents, missteps or claims brought against the company, you may find yourself in need of a legal ally. Our lawyers will defend your interests.
We are highly skilled in both mediation and litigation. Some business disputes can be resolved out of court, but we have the experience to litigate on your behalf if negotiation proves to be ineffective.
Proceeding On Your Own Is A Risk
Why risk devastating legal consequences and injury to your reputation by not hiring a business counselor? Email us or call 201-254-0777 to learn more about our cost-efficient services. We are located in Parsippany and serve businesses in north and central New Jersey.