Employment and Labor Counseling and Litigation
The procedures and decisions of a human resources department are perhaps the most important in a given business. Any task performed by human resources carries some amount of legal risk. With the proper employment & labor counseling & litigation plans in place, though, you can significantly reduce the chance of a legal issue arising.
In order to avoid liability, you need to have the ability to navigate a complicated area of business practices. Our attorneys at Santomassimo Davis LLP can partner with you to develop proper human resources protocol and training. This can include:
- Counsel on and resolve difficult employment disputes for clients in matters alleging workplace harassment, discrimination, and wrongful termination , and defend or prosecute related litigations
- Counsel clients regarding reductions in force and plant closures, including WARN Act compliance
- Conduct sensitive internal investigations
- Preparation of employment agreements and related documents
- Counseling on FLSA issues
- Enforcement of restrictive covenants against former employees, and evaluation of restrictions on prospective employees
- All types of employment-related litigation
- Preparation and review of handbooks and policies
- Development of corporate compliance-and-governance programs and related documentation, and conducting related investigations
- Counseling regarding complex leave and disability issues
- Counseling regarding disciplinary and termination-related issues
- Defending employers against labor-related charges
- Counseling and negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, withdrawals from multiemployer pension plans, and labor shutdown agreements
Why OGC Solutions?
There are many advantages to hiring additional counsel, that’s why it’s important to focus on these considerations when making such an important decision.
Let our team at OGC™ Solutions provide you with the best and most trusted Outside General Counsel™ in the tri-state! We can be the bridge to growing your business.
Contact us to discuss how an Outside General Counsel™ solution would create a virtual legal department for your company.