Intellectual Property Attorneys
Business name and logo are your brand and your brand is at the center of your identity and reputation. Your customer lists, proprietary business information, and secrets to running a successful company are your intangible property rights. Your inventions and designs are the results of an investment of time, money, and effort. Protecting these intangible assets must be a top priority for any business. Protecting your company’s brand, maintaining your trade secrets, and seeking protection of your designs and inventions should be a top priority of our Intellectual Property attorneys.
From analyzing the availability of a trademark to filing it, and then protecting it from infringement; protecting your confidential business information and trade secrets, and preventing others from misappropriating or misusing it; identifying and protecting original works of authorship in our digital world; and protecting your designs and innovations, are all at the heart of Santomassimo Davis LLP’s intellectual property practice, no matter the industry or jurisdiction.
Our clients ask us to manage everything from a single U.S. trademark, patent, or trade secret to global portfolios registered on five continents.
Intellectual Property: Trademark, Patent, Copyright and Trade Secret Services
- Trademark Search & Registration
- Trademark and Patent Clearance Searches
- Application Preparation
- Office Action Responses
- Statement of Use Filings
- Change of Ownership
- Portfolio Management
- Renewal Filings
- Employment and non-disclosure agreements
- Creation of corporate IP policies, filing strategies (in sync with corporate objectives), invention procurement, and inventor renumeration/rewards
- IP pruning and harvesting for potential monetization
- Patent evaluation and sales
- Freedom to operate opinions
- IPR terms, indemnification, shifting of risk
- Designing and implementing international intellectual property licensing programs for clients to withstand antitrust scrutiny by foreign and domestic regulators
- Designing, preparing, and executing domestic and global enforcement/litigation strategies to leverage diverse legal systems to assist clients with business objectives
- Participates in direct IPR licensing negotiations in support of clients
- Defends clients against third-party patent assertions while balancing exposure and risk.
- Advises clients on intellectual property asset identification and acquisition.
- Defense of Third Party Patent Assertions including early case evaluation and settlement strategy
- Inter Partes Review, Post Grant Review, and Cover Business Method trials before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Trademark Opposition and Cancellation Proceedings
- Litigation (Trademark, Patent and Trade Secret)
- Counterfeit and Online Infringement
Why OGC Solutions?
There are many advantages to hiring additional counsel, that’s why it’s important to focus on these considerations when making such an important decision. If you are interested in developing an intellectual property strategy, here are three steps to help get you there.
Understanding how this affects the small business economy is part of our job, as we primarily focus on providing expert Outside General Counsel for a variety of law firms and legal issues related to Corporate and Business Law in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.
Let our team at OGC™ Solutions provide you with the best and most trusted Outside General Counsel™ in the tri-state! We can be the bridge to growing your business.
Contact us to discuss how an Outside General Counsel™ solution would create a virtual legal department for your company.