Michael A. Prokop
Michael A. Prokop is of Counsel to the firm, and a former business unit General Counsel at Honeywell. Michael has extensive experience structuring and negotiating a wide variety of contracts and transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, global supply and purchase agreements, multi-party international shared facility arrangements, software and information technology agreements, and pharmaceutical research agreements as well as the supply, purchase, non-disclosure and similar agreements that a business faces on a daily basis.
Michael uses his experience as an Outside General Counsel and leadership team member to assist businesses in finding practical solutions to problems. Examples include:
- Commercial agreements relating to the purchase and supply of goods and services, energy, distribution, contract manufacturing, and research and technology.
- Nineteen completed domestic and international acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
- Long-term supply and shared-services agreements in connection with the divestiture of integrated manufacturing operations.
- Global outsourcing and master service agreements, including information technology, laboratory supplies, logistics, and travel services.
- Engineering, construction and design contracts.
- Software licenses, software-as-a-service and other business critical technology agreements.
- Strategic alliances and related contracts with partners in Europe, Israel, Asia and Latin America.
- Pharmaceutical research-related contracts with academic institutions, contract research organizations and other service providers for clinical and pre-clinical research.
- Settlement of intellectual property disputes, including related license and commercial supply agreements.
- New Jersey
- New York
- Georgetown University Law Center, Juris Doctor
- Fairfield University, Bachelor of Science, Accounting, magna cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Corporate Counsel Association, Director, 2007 to 2014
- New Jersey Corporate Counsel Association, Executive Board Member and Vice President Programs and Committees, 2012 to 2014
- New Jersey Corporate Counsel Association, Chair – Life Sciences Committee, 2009 to 2014
Pro Bono Activities
- Town Center Task Force, Borough of Florham Park, Chair (2012 to Present) and Member (2007 to Present)
- Holy Family Church, Florham Park, NJ, Finance Committee, Member, 2003 to Present, Parish Trustee, 2014 to Present
- County College of Morris Foundation, Board Member, 2011 to 2014