Susan Schleck Kleiner
Susan Schleck Kleiner represents businesses and their owners as their Outside General Counsel™ in complex civil, construction, real estate administrative, and employment litigation as well as counseling them in corporate governance, contracts, and compliance. Ms. Kleiner has successfully tried cases to verdict in state and federal courts in construction, employment, and contractual matters. In addition to her extensive litigation experience, Ms. Kleiner spent several years working as the General Counsel of a closely held pharmaceutical and specialty chemical company.
Prior to private practice, Ms. Kleiner served as a law clerk to the Honorable Chief Justice Robert E. Wilentz of the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Ms. Kleiner is a devoted volunteer, serving currently as the President to the Wilson House of East Dorset, Vermont, and Vice President of the Shore Thing Theater in Ocean Grove, New Jersey. She is a cast member and regularly performs with two improvisational theater troupes, Comedy Sportz-Jersey Shore and Death by Improv.
- New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Juris Doctor, Seton Hall University School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, International Studies, American University
- New Jersey District VIII Fee Arbitration Committee
- Trustee, New Jersey Lawyers Assistance Program
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Women’s Lawyers Association
- Middlesex County Bar Association
Awards and Speaking Engagements
- Super Lawyer, 2014 to 2020
- Top 50 Women Attorneys, 2015-2017, 2019
- Thanks Badge, Rolling Hills Girl Scout Council
- Speaker, NJSBA Bar Convention, Women in the Profession Section – May 2011 and May 2017